PINC 2-Week Winter Program
Tuesday 27 December 2016 – Monday 9 January 2017
Make Memories Abroad. Build Your Resume.
This two-week summer program focuses on personal and professional development, building Spanish language skills, becoming culturally immersed in Madrid, and fostering and expanding contact networks. These 14 days are filled with beneficial workshops and cultural activities.
- All PINC participants virtually meet through a video orientation, go through the PINC Pre-Departure Pack together, and have an opportunity to ask any questions. After the video session, each girl receives detailed notes from the meeting via email.
- A PINC representative greets each PINC participant at the airport (Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport), assists with with luggage, and ensures safe travel to the apartment.
- Arrival should be scheduled for Tuesday 27 December 2016 (this often means that you need to book a flight the day before on Monday 26 December 2016).
- The PINC Orientation is an opportunity to welcome the group to Madrid and serves as a platform for each student to introduce herself and express her unique interests.
- PINC Meet & Greet Luncheon– after the orientation, the group enjoys a delicious Spanish lunch.
- The girls receive the following here or shortly after:
- Cell phone chip
- Welcome pack with maps and useful city information
- Starter pass for public transportation
Discover Madrid Activities
- Students participate in fun, interactive activities throughout the city that require them to be immersed in the language and culture. Some of these activities include:
- Puerta del Sol
- Plaza Mayor
- Food Markets
- Royal Retiro Park
- Walking Tour
- Tapa Tour
- Christmas Market
- Flamenco Show*
- Royal Palace*
- Bullring Tour*
- Access to trendy clubs
- Language Exchanges
- Real Madrid Stadium Dinner *
*Please note some activities require an entrance fee that are not included in the program price.
Spanish Semi-Intensive Classes
- Students enroll in semi-intensive Spanish classes at an Instituto Cervantes accredited academy, the highest form of accreditation that the a language school can receive in Spain.
- Total hours of Spanish classes: 10 hours
- Students enjoy a day dedicated to exploring a famous Spanish town, Segovia. We provide transportation and guide. This day is filled with visiting famous landmarks and enjoying a traditional Spanish lunch.
- Part of the PINC experience is also to reflect on jobs or positions of interest. One day is dedicated to shadowing or an informational interview with a mentor in a position within a student’s industry of interest.. The shadowing serves as an opportunity to ask candid questions and see what “a day in the life of…” is like.
- Fostering national and international connections is an integral part of building a network. With PINC, each girl’s network quickly expands, not only between the PINC students from various universities and locations within the United States but also through the different women and mentors integrated within our programs. These different women provide informational interviews, give insight within desired fields of work, lead the PINC Development workshops, and beyond. These ambitious women inspire by developing ideas, launching companies, and by being determined entrepreneurs.
- Once a part of that PINC family, each member becomes part of a legacy and community of women who are there to support, guide and encourage. Each girl receives access to the PINC Professional community and even a mentor.Each girl receives access to the PINC Professional community and even a mentor. PINC Professionals consist of women from all over the globe, with a diverse range of professional fields, who will be at her disposal during and after the program.
- Weekends are designed for free time with the opportunity to travel or explore Madrid.
- Many suggestions for places to visit, eat and see will be included in the Orientation
- From taking the metro, eating out, going to the supermarket, shopping and more, students engage on a daily bases in Spanish.
- These two weeks are designed so that students are supported and feel successful and confident in using Spanish regularly.
Move Out Day (Monday 9 January 2017)
Interested in applying? Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch within the next 24 hours.